I am a huge fan of apples. We go through bags and bags of them at our house. I always end up finding half eaten apples hidden all over our house from my 4-year-old daughter, LOL.
In the fall here in British Columbia, Canada there are tons of fresh apples from the orchard. They are crispy yummy and oh so delicious. I have been seeing these Galettes all over the web lately and I loved how rustic they looked. I decided to go on a mission and create a healthy high vibe version that wasn’t made from white flour.
I decided to replace the white flour with sprouted spelt flour from one-degree Organics and add in some fiber with a Daily Cleanse fiber blend from Northcoast Naturals. This combo created this amazingly crunchy crust that held in all those delicious juices perfectly without getting soggy. The strawberries in combination with the apples made the most delicious sweetness. I am super happy with how it turned out. Now all I need is some coconut ice-cream to top this baby with. The perfect way to eat it is warmed in the oven with a melting scoop of ice-cream, ok I might just have to have an afternoon treat. This perfect fall treat is still giving you all these amazing benefits from the Daily Cleanse inside this phenomenal dish:
- The RIGHT AMOUNT of fibre
- The RIGHT KINDS of fibre
- Plus EFAs for GENTLER CLEANSING
- Helps eliminate food waste DAILY, PROPERLY, GENTLY
- And fortified WITH PREBIOTICS & PROBIOTICS for an even healthier digestive system
- Soy free, dairy free, wheat gluten free
Would love to hear if you made this dish and how you liked it! It is a must fall delight. May you all have a beautiful day and remember that you are powerful beyond measure!
With much love and light,
Apple Strawberry Galette
Prep Time 4 hours
Cook Time 1 hour
Passive Time 3 hours
- 1 1/2 cups Sprouted flour from One Degree Organics
- 2 tbsp Daily Cleanse NorthCoast Naturals
- 3/4 cups cold Vegan Butter or Coconut Butter Nutiva
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 8 tbsp Coconut milk
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 5 large Apples
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 6 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp white chia Salba Chia
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Put flour in a bowl with Daily cleanse salt and sugar.
- Add cold coconut or vegan butter and use pastry cutter or knife until butter is made into small balls.
- Add 4 tbsp of cold coconut milk and knead with hands.
- Keep adding one tbsp at a time until you can form the dough and it doesn’t break apart.
- Roll into a ball and set in the fridge for 3 hours to rest.
- Take out of the fridge and knead until it is warmed up enough to roll. Roll into a large circle on parchment paper. You might have to cut a circle and out the excess in the middle and roll it again. Roll until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Should be pie crust thin 🙂
- In a bowl mix the apples, strawberries, sugar, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Mix until all the apples are incorporated.
- Add apples and strawberries into the middle of the crust.
- Fold up sides around the apples and strawberries. If there are a few cracks no worries the juices will just run out a little and you can spoon it back into the top.
- Bake at 350 on parchment paper on a cookie sheet for 1 hour approx. Depending on the type of apples you use you might have to cook less. Use a fork to see if the apples are soft to touch in the middle.
Serve with love and coconut ice cream