These Citrus Ginger Roasted Carrots are the perfect addition to any holiday meal or family dinner night. It’s such an elegant and healthy dish to serve to all your guests with minimal cooking and clean up.
I am a huge lover of side dishes, especially the veggie ones. I could skip the main part of the meal and just fill my plate with all kinds of glorious vegetables.
For the past 4 Christmas dinners, I have been plant-based. This can be interesting when going to other homes where there are lots of turkeys, ham, and other non-plant based items. I tend to bring my own large dishes to share plant-based love. I will definitely be bringing these Citrus Ginger Roasted Carrot dish this year.
All your non-plant-based family members will love these Ginger Citrus Carrots so much that I bet they will even ask for the recipe.
This recipe is packed with beneficial nutrients that keep you healthy!!
Carrots are full of nutrients such as:
- Vitamin A- vitamin A from carrots is great for our immune system, especially in the winter months when there are lots of colds and cases of flu going around.
- Fibre- carrots are loaded with fibre to help your digestive system pull out unwanted toxins out of your body.
- Antioxidants- carrots are rich in antioxidants. We are exposed to free radicals on a daily basis from many sources which can affect our health. Antioxidants help combat these free radicals.
Citrus Ginger Roasted Carrots Recipe
Best vegan cheese ever!
Time for the recipe!! I have been on the search for amazing vegan cheeses. And let me tell you, I have tried many, and most of them are downright gross. It always made me scratch my head and wonder who thought that was good enough to box and sell, lol. Then I found Fauxmagerie Zengarry ,a Canadian company. This is not a sponsored post; I am just sharing because their cheese is the bomb! For this recipe, I used Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew spread. I took it and crumbled it over the carrots.
If you live in the states, I am sure there are lots of vegan cheese options there as well for you to choose one that you love for this recipe. In Canada, there aren’t as many.
* If you are not plant-based, you could use goat cheese. Everyone is on their own plant-based journey there is no judgment from me*
Please tag me on IG if you make this dish. It warms my heart to see your creations.
Cook with love always,
Serves 3 carrots per serving
Yields 5 servings
These Citrus Ginger Roasted Carrots are the perfect holiday dinner side dish that will wow your guest with minimal preparing. Not only is it gorgeous but it is also healthy and packed full of beneficially nutrients. Topped with vegan cheese this is a plant-based dish all your plant-based friends and family will love.
40 minTotal Time
- 15 medium carrots (I used 8 purple ones and 6 orange)
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp of vegan cheese crumbled see above for brand and kind I used
- 2 tbsp parsley (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- Wash carrots with brush or hands. I didn't remove peel. Slice them in half, lengthwise.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out carrots. Set Aside.
- To make sauce squeeze mandarin oranges in a lemon squeezer and put juice into small bowl.
- Then add in salt, pepper, oil, maple syrup, balsamic, and grated ginger. Stir with whisk.
- Spoon sauce over carrots and place in oven for 25- 30 mins. Carrots should still be a little crunchy. You don't want them soggy.
- Put pecans on baking tray and place in oven with carrots let brown for 4 mins.
- Line a plate or tray with parchment paper.
- While cooking put ginger, salt, pepper, and maple syrup into a small sauce pan.
- Turn on low and bring to boil.
- Add in cooked hot pecans.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens a bit.
- Pour pecans onto parchment lined tray or plate and let cool.
- Cut pomegranate and take out half of the seeds.
- Top carrots with pomegranates, maple pecans, vegan cheese, and parsley.
- Serve immediately while hot.