This zesty lemon healthy homemade granola will have the whole family running to the kitchen for breakfast. Pack with healthy, nourishing ingredients that will keep your bodies thriving and healthy. There are lots of options for substitutions to make this granola your personal favourite.
Granola from the stores are often packed with unhealthy oils and sugar. Spiking blood sugar levels and creating that mid-morning slump. This granola is lightly sweetened with agave and packed full of protein sources from hemp seeds, sprouted oats, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts to keep you going strong all morning long.
Enter One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats to really pack in extra nutrients and support digestion. A 1/3 cup packs in 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein and provides 10% of your daily iron intake.
One Degree Organics is a company with 100% transparency. They are committed to working with their farmers to provide, GMO and glyphosate free products. They work directly with their farmers and producers, who use methods passed down over generations, so you are getting to taste nature’s most nutrient-rich ingredients. You can scan every product you buy, and learn about the clean organic ingredients in their products and watch videos of the farmers who made your food.
We love using One Degree Organics in our home because their oats are certified gluten-free (my daughter has been gluten-free for three months now), glyphosate free, organic, and, most importantly, taste fantastic.
Zesty Healthy Homemade Granola
What you need to make this healthy granola:
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment paper (optional, but makes clean up easy)
- Large bowl
- Rolled Oats I used One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 2 large lemons
- Dried Cranberries (See substitutions for other options)
- Walnuts (See substitutions for other options)
- Hemp Seeds (See substitutions for other options)
- Pumpkin Seeds (See substitutions for other options)
- Avocado oil
- Agave (See substitutions for other options)
Nut options ( I used walnuts but you can use these options or make it nut-free by omitting them):
- Macadamia nuts
Dried fruit Options:
- Hemp Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Poppy Seeds
- Maple Syrup
- Brown Rice syrup
Making Your Zesty Lemon Healthy Homemade Granola
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F. Zest the lemons. Make sure you don’t get any of the white parts of the skin, as it will make your granola bitter. Opt just for the yellow skin. Juice both lemons and set the juice and the zest aside. Step 2: Chop your walnuts or any nut you choose. Step 3: Measure out all your dry ingredients and place into a large bowl.Step 4: Mix well with a large spoon.Step 6: Add in your sweetener of choice, lemon juice, lemon zest, and avocado oil.Step 7: Mix well and pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Step 8: Bake for 18-20 minutes stirring every 3 minutes so it cooks evenly.
Storing your Healthy Homemade Granola
Storing your granola in an airtight container is a must. It can last at room temperature for a few days but if you aren’t going to eat it in a few days I would store it in the fridge. It will last about 2 weeks in the fridge.
I really hope you love this zesty lemon healthy homemade granola. I love to see your kitchen stories. Share in the comments below, tag me in your IG post @crystalhughes, or use the hashtag #heartfullynourished
May the sunshine remind us all that our hearts can be light no matter what is happening in the world around us,
This post is sponsored by One Degree Organics, but I wouldn’t share anything we don’t love and use in our own home.
Yields 5 cups granola
A healthy homemade granola that the whole family will enjoy. The lemon zest and juice give this granola the perfect lemon flavour. It is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and packed full of healthy ingredients like, hemp seeds, sprouted rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts. Sweetened with your choice of natural sweetners. This will be your go to granola for all those yogurt and fruit mornings!
23 minTotal Time
- 3 cups Srouted Rolled Oats (One Degree Organics
- 2 large lemons
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Zest the lemons. Make sure you don't get any of the white parts of the skin, as it will make your granola bitter. Opt just for the yellow skin. Juice both lemons and set the juice and the zest aside.
- Chop your walnuts or any nut you choose.
- Measure out all your dry ingredients and place into a large bowl.
- Mix well with a large spoon.
- Add in your sweetener of choice, lemon juice, lemon zest, and avocado oil.
- Mix well and pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes stirring every 3 minutes so it cooks evenly.
- Once cooked remove from heat and let cool on cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container