This delicious mango and vanilla Homemade Vegan Granola will have you dancing to your kitchen in the morning. It one of my go-to breakfasts, I mix the granola with berries and coconut yogurt. It can also be made gluten-free with gluten-free oats and gluten-free flour.
I find store-bought granola isn’t near as delicious or nutritious as homemade vegan granola’s. Many store-bought granolas are loaded with unhealthy fats, preservatives and sugar. This why I created this recipe to have healthy delicious homemade granola for everyone in my family.
Nutrition in this Homemade Vegan Granola
- Oats are high in manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, fibre, protein and B1. Manganese.
- Magnesium and phosphorus are essential for bone health.
- Fibre is great for detoxification in the body as well as keeping you full and aids in weight loss.
- B1 thiamine is needed to convert carbohydrates into energy.
- Maple syrup is a source of essential minerals, including calcium, zinc, magnesium and potassium. Great for bone health.
- Maple syrup contains inulin, a prebiotic fibre that acts as food for good gut bacteria and aids in healthy digestive and immune systems. (1)
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are rich in antioxidants. They also provide fibre, iron, and calcium. (2)
- A 1-ounce, serving of chia seeds also contains 5.6 grams of protein.
- The omega-3 fatty acids in chia can help “good” cholesterol level, which protects against heart attack and stroke. (2)
The amazing thing about this recipe is you can substitute most ingredients to something that you have on hand.
- Quick rolled oats can be substituted for quinoa flakes.
- Dried mangoes can be omitted or substituted for any other dried fruit.
- The maple syrup can be exchanged for agave.
- Cashews can be replaced with almonds or macadamia nuts.
- You can omit the chia or hemp seeds if you don’t have them.
- You could add in some rice or pea protein to add in protein.
Ways to eat your granola
- Plain with milk and fresh fruit.
- On top of smoothie bowls.
- On top of yogurt and berries
- Sprinkled in Popsicle recipes.
- Just straight by the handful.
If you made this recipe and are on IG tag me in your creations @crystalhughes or comment below on how you liked this recipe.
With all my love,
Yields 4 cups 8 servings
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup whole cashews
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup dried mangoes (organic)
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour or spelt flour
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Chop mangoes and cashews into small pieces.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl (oats, shredded coconut, cashews, chia seeds, flour, hemp seeds, salt and mangoes)
- Mix well.
- Then pour in maple syrup, vanilla and oil.
- Mix well .
- Pour mixture onto lined cookie sheet. (I used parchment paper to line my cookie sheet)
- Bake for 15 on middle rack. Mix a bit to get all the granola toasted.
- Place on bottom rack and bake for another 10-15 mins.
- When golden brown pull out of oven.