These Mint Chocolate Protein Bars are to die for!! I had to hide them from my family to even possibly have the chance of having one, lol. This recipe is super quick and easy and you can use your favourite chocolate protein powder to make them!
All American Butters
Enter All American Butter for the super win of this recipe. I used their Mint Chocolate Dream Almond Butter for these bars. And let me tell you this is what makes this recipe a winner.
The All American Nut Butter is a company owned by Lea and her husband Mark. They put a lot of time and effort into these delicious handcrafted peanut and almond nut butter filled with love! They have so many amazing flavours from Vegan cookie batter almond butter, to birthday cake peanut butter.
You can catch me and my daughter eating them straight from the jar standing next to the fridge, lol. Some are made with whey protein to give you an extra boost of protein for all my vegetarian friends out there, but they also carry vegan flavours as well!
Right now, they have some amazing limited edition Valentine’s day flavours out.
Lea from All American butter sources every ingredient (even purchasing the nuts directly from the farm) to ensure that each ingredient is grown or manufactured in the USA.
If you want to purchase these made to order All American Butters you can order directly from their website and have it shipped straight to your home.
Giving back to American Heroes
When you support All American Butter you will also be supporting charities that help support American Heros. With every purchase 10 % of their sales back to American heroes. Just one act of kindness this humble and incredible family does.
Mint Chocolate Protein Bar Recipe :
This recipe is best kept in the freezer or fridge and must be kept refrigerated. If you want to take it for lunch just throw an ice pack in your lunch kit.
The chocolate drizzle on top is optional, but I think it is worth the extra bit of effort for sure.
Make sure when you are making the chocolate drizzle that you only use the coconut cream, not the liquid. To get the cream out the easiest way, let can sit in the fridge overnight. Do not shake. Scoop out the cream from the top of the can.
If you wanted to add a crunch to this protein bar you could add some rice cereal treats or chopped nuts.
Yields 8 protein bars
These healthy easy no bake Chocolate Mint Protein bars will be a hit at your house. These protein bars are made with All American Butter Mint Chocolate Dream Almond Butter.
45 minTotal Time
- 3 cups dates (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes)
- 3/4 cup All American Mint Chocolate Dream Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of chocolate protein powder of your choice
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp mint extract
- 160 ml can of coconut milk chilled the in fridge overnight (2 tbsp of coconut cream)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Soak your dates in almost boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze excess water out of dates and pat dry with a towel.
- Put into the food processor and pulse until ground. See the picture above.
- Add in all the rest of your ingredients (All American Almond Butter, chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, and mint extract) and pulse until combined.
- Put mixture into an 8X8 inch square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press down and smooth out with a small rolling pin or use a glass as a rolling pin.
- Place in the freezer for 15 mins.
- Once bars have been freezing for 15 minutes make the drizzle.
- Combine chocolate chips and hard coconut cream into a saucepan. Don't use the liquid part just the hard cream.
- Turn on low heat, stir constantly until the chocolate starts to melt.
- When chocolate starts to melt remove from heat and keep stirring until fully melted.
- Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to cool and then pour into a piping page or zip lock bag.
- If still too runny let cool a little longer.
- It should be firm like icing.
- Remove bars from the freezer and cut into bars. I cut into 8 bars. But you can cut into smaller squares.
- Once cut drizzle on chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer for another 15 minutes to set chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in the freezer or fridge.
Cook time is actually Freezer time.
This post was sponsored by All American Butter. But I would not share a product and company I don’t love.