These No bake superfood granola bars will give you that perfect afternoon boost and are great for afterschool snacks for your kids. Packed with pumpkin seeds, oats, hemp seeds, cashew butter, coconut, chocolate chips, and brown rice syrup, these babies will give you the protein and carbs you need to give you that extra push through those afternoon slumps.
No bake Super Food Granola bars for the win!
I love to sneak in superfoods into my kid’s lives. I love it even better when they have no idea what they are eating and keep coming back for more. That is when I usually drop the truth bomb about the incredible things they are putting in their body and they usually are super excited to know that they like them and what kind of amazing things they are putting into their bodies!!
If you are anything like me then you might find granola bars from the grocery store FREAKING EXPENSIVE! They are also filled with corn syrup, which I am not a fan of. I priced out these ingredients and I can make 3 homemade granola bars for every store-bought one. (Keep in mind that I am talking about the organic granola bars). So I was sold on the 15 minutes that it took for me to make these no bake superfood granola bars start to finish to save some money for other things and plus my kids like these ones better!
About Superfood Hemp Seeds
Hemp seeds are such a fantastic little superfood and a perfect addition to these no-bake superfood granola bars!
They are rich in protein and have all 10 amino acids, making them a complete protein to fuel your body. They also contain your omega 3 and 6. Omega 3 is in a lot of foods, but omega 6 is a little rarer. They call omega 6 Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). GLA has been shown to help with cholesterol, inflammation, skin and hair health, balancing hormones, and general heart health. So you can feel good about getting your hemp seed on with these granola bars.
Why I don’t post nutritional labels on my site?
I think some people often may be wondering why I don’t post the nutrition label on my recipes. There are a few reasons for this. Coming from a history of an eating disorder I lived my life counting calories, carbs, and fats. This was a time in my life when this didn’t bring me any joy it actually caused me so much stress and anxiety.
Every recipe I put on this site is something I feed myself and my family. We test them all and fill each recipe with love. So when it comes to crunching numbers as to how many exact grams of protein there are in this bar is not important to me at this stage in my life.
I want more women to make peace with food. I want women to eat because they love and trust their bodies.
With fewer labels, I believe it will
Let’s stop counting calories and start putting whole foods from mother earth into everything we eat.
Pair your bars with a smoothie
If you loved this recipe tag me in your creations on IG @crystalhughes.
With all my love,
Serves 10 granola bars
Yields 10 granola bars
A quick and easy no bake superfoods granola bar that the whole family will love. Save money by making your own higher vibe granola bars at home.
23 minTotal Time
- 2 cups quick rolled oats ( you can use gluten free oats to make recipe GF)
- 1/4 cup (heaping) unsweetened coconut shredded
- 1/4 cup (heaping) hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup (heaping) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Find a 8X8 inch pan and line with parchment paper. (You can also use a smaller pan and have thicker bars or a larger pan for thinner ones)
- Measure dry ingredients (oats, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips) and mix in a large bowl. Save 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for drizzle.
- Take cashew butter, vanilla, and brown rice syrup and put into a pot.
- Heat on low until the cashew butter and brown rice syrup blend together and it turns into a runny liquid. About 4-5 mins. Stir constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Pour hot cashew mixture into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Put mixture into your parchment lined pan and press down with a flat surface. I use a measuring cup to flatten my bars out.
- One you have the mixture all flat to your liking. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden.
- Optional drizzle: Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips with 1-2 tsp of coconut oil in a sauce pan over low heat. Start with 1 tsp of coconut oil if the chocolate is still thick add 1/2 tsp more, keep adding more until it is runny. I needed to add 2 tsp for one type of chocolate and only 1 tsp for another type. So it depends on the chocolate. You want it runny so you can drizzle it.
- Drizzle over cooled granola bars and place back in fridge for 10 mins.
- Take out from fridge and remove from pan and cut bars 1/2 inches wide by 4 inches long.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or on counter. You can also freeze to keep for a longer time.