This winter vegan salad is perfect for a side dish for a holiday meal, dinner, or even a main dish for a lunch. Packed with plant-based proteins and so many nourishing ingredients this salad with be the hit of the meal. Drizzled with a sweet and tangy lemon dijon dressing for the most delicious savoury salad.
This winter vegan salad is:
- Easy to prepare
- Packed with plant-based protein
- High in fiber
- Rich antioxidants
Preparing this salad is super easy and it only takes 20 minutes to prepare from start to finish. So it is the perfect side dish with a big impact and little effort.
What makes this Winter Vegan Salad so great?
Enter Big Mountain Foods Lions Mane Mushroom Crumble. It gives the salad a great crunch and is only made with natural whole food ingredients that you can trust. All their products are certified vegan, non-GMO, cruelty-free, and women-owned. Check out Big Mountain Foods Delicious foods on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
Lions Main Mushroom Crumble Ingredients
- Lions mane mushroom
- Portobello mushroom
- Shitake mushroom
- Pea protein
- Split peas
- Hemp Seeds
- Coconut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Tomato Paste
- Less than 1% yeast extract and Natural Flavour
So what are the other ingredients in this Winter Salad?
Made with wholesome ingredients everyone will love. I also have given a few substitutions if some of the ingredients aren’t your favourite.
- Arugula- sub for spinach if arugula isn’t your thing.
- Dried cranberries- want to reduce the sugar? Sub for 1 whole chopped apple.
- Vegan feta- omit this ingredient if hard to source.
- Brussel sprouts- you can sub for a fennel bulb or 1/2 sweet onion.
- Quinoa- sub for brown rice or couscous.
- Avocado- omit if the avocado isn’t your thing.
- Slivered almonds- sub for walnuts or pecans
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Grainy Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice- use fresh if possible
- Maple Syrup- sub for honey (if not vegan) or agave
- Salt & Pepper
How to make this salad in under 20-minutes
Preheat the oven to 400F. Cook the quinoa and Lion’s Mane Mushroom crumble at the same time. While your ingredients are cooking, prep all your vegetables and place them into a large bowl. Also, mix the salad dressing in a small bowl and have it ready to go.
Cooking the Lions Mane Crumble
Step 1- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400F.
Step 2- Place crumble on sheet and spread out evenly and place into the oven.
Step 3- Stir the crumble every 5 minutes until it browns and get crispy 15-20 minutes.
Step 4- Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes before topping the salad with crumble.
Making the Lemon Dijon dressing
Step 1- Mince your garlic cloves.
Step 2- Juice 1 lemon into a small bowl.
Step 3- Pour your extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, and minced garlic.
Step 4- Whisk well with a whisk.
Step 5- Just pour on salad just before serving.
Storing and serving your salad
Premaking your salad for a party?
Make sure you cool your quinoa and crumble in the fridge until completely cooled before assembling your salad. This will keep your arugula from wilting.
Serving with avocado?
Only slice your avocado just before serving so that it doesn’t brown.
If you are worried about not eating the whole salad, serve with the dressing and the avocado on the side. This way you can store the salad and it will be perfect for leftovers the next day.
Want more side dishes for your meal?
How about this delicious healthy vegan stuffing.
I hope you love this healthy winter salad as much as my family and friends did.
Serves 6 side servings. 3 meal sized servings
Winter vegan salad made with healthy nourishing ingredients, perfect for a holiday meal side or a balanced lunch. Easy to make with little prep work and cook time. Its a crowd pleaser with a delicious lemon vinaigrette that everyone will love. Don't like arugula ? You can totally substitute for spinach.
22 minTotal Time
- 1 Package of Big Mountain Foods Lions Mane Mushroom Crumble
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 slivered almonds
- 5-6 large brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese
- 4 large handfuls of arugula
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1/16 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out Lions Mane Mushroom Crumble evenly. Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes. Cook until mixture starts to dry out and browns on the edges.
- Place the quinoa with 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of water in a small sauce pan. Bring the water to a boil, cover with a lid, and let simmer for 18 minutes.
- While the quinoa and crumble are cooking, prepare the vegetables by chopping the parsley and slicing the Brussel sprouts into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, place in the arugula. Top with dried cranberries, vegan feta, slivered almonds, Brussel sprouts and chopped parsley.
- Make the dressing by mincing the garlic cloves and placing it into a small bowl, along with the extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, grainy mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk well and set aside.
- Once the quinoa and crumble are cooked, let them cool on the counter for a few minutes and then place on arugula salad.
- Pour over lemon dijon dressing and toss the salad.
- Slice the avocado and place on the salad just before serving.