These Healthy Fruit and Nut Yogurt Bark will be the perfect thing for that sweet tooth at night, and the best part is that it is guilt-free. We even love it for breakfast. This frozen yogurt bark is filled with amazing cinnamon and toffee crunch flavours from American Dream Nut Butters Cinnamon Toffee Crunch Peanut Butter paired with sweet vanilla yogurt, sweetened with monk fruit.
American Dream Nut Butters are seriously the best nut butter around. My girls and I can be found with a spoon standing by the cupboard eating these amazing treats all the time, lol.
I love this quick and easy recipe. It takes 5 minutes to prep and then just place in the freezer. Nothing better than quick healthy treats. The first batch of these was a huge hit at my house. My girls wanted these every night for dessert.
Why I love this Yogurt Bark:
- Low in carb
- Low in Sugar
- High in probiotics
- Taste Fantastic
- Perfect snack
- Great for when you are wanting a treat.
- American Dream Nut Butters Cinnamon Toffee Crunch Peanut butter
- Coconut Yogurt or Greek Yogurt
- Vanilla beans or extract
- Sweetener of choice (monk fruit, agave, maple syrup)
- Don’t have American Dreams Toffee Crunch. No problem, use any flavour of American Dream Nut Butters to create the perfect combos. Refer to the fruit and flour pairing chart below.
- Sub coconut yogurt for greek yogurt if you are not vegan.
- You can use monk fruit sweetener if you want to make it sugar-free.
- No Fresh fruit, no problem. You can slice frozen fruit.
- Use any nuts to sprinkle on top. You can even use granola.
Tips and tricks for the perfect Yogurt Bark
- Make sure to use a high fat thick yogurt. Thinner yogurts won’t work as nicely as the thicker ones.
Using fresh vanilla beans
This is a nice option if you want to splurge on some vanilla beans, and the flavour you get is wonderful. Keep in mind that one vanilla pod is equivalent to 3 tsp of vanilla extract. So use a 1/3 of your vanilla bean for this recipe. I learned the hard way when I added the whole vanilla bean to a container of yogurt.
Well, I thought that there was no wrong way to do this. But my very clever and talented baking daughter informed me that you need to use the back of your knife (the blunt end) to scrape out the vanilla, otherwise you get some of the skin from the bean, and it doesn’t always taste that fantastic.
No Fresh Vanilla Beans No problem
You can use vanilla extract if you don’t have vanilla beans and it works fantastic.
To sweeten your yogurt
When you buy plain yogurt it allows you to have total control how much sweetener you use and what kinds.
- Monk fruit sweetener- A great no-carb sweetener. I would recommend the liquid form for easy mixing.
- Stevia- Sometimes, not everyone loves the flavour of stevia. I have used it for years personally and love it. I would recommend the liquid form for this recipe.
- Agave- Another great option if you are not worried about carbs. If you get the dark agave, it has a beautiful flavour.
- Honey- (If not Vegan) This always adds a gorgeous honey flavour, and you can omit the vanilla even in the recipe if you wanted.
You can really go wild with different fruit toppings!
- Bananas (make sure to squeeze some lemon on these so they don’t brown while freezing).
- Sliced grapes
If you want other recipes featuring American Dream Nut Butter here are some of my favourites:
- No-Bake Protein Birthday Cake Pops
- Peanut Butter Cashew Ice Cream
- Breakfast Popsicles
- Lemon Almond Protein Balls
We hope you love this yogurt bark as much as we did!
Yields 10-14 pieces
A healthy treat perfect for a nighttime snack. They are packed with probiotics from the yogurt, healthy fats from the nuts, and antioxidants from the berries.
5 minTotal Time
- 2 cups (500 grams) of thick unsweetened coconut or greek yogurt
- 2 tbsps American Dream Cinnamon Toffee Crunch Peanut Butter or any other flavours of nut butter
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh berries (I used raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/3 of a fresh vanilla bean pod
- 2 tbsps of agave, maple syrup or honey
- Can make sugar free by using 10-20 drops of stevia extract
- 15 whole raw almonds or other choice of nuts
- Mix sweetener of choice and vanilla into your yogurt.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour yogurt onto parchment paper and use a spatula to smooth out to approximately 3 cm thick.
- Slice your fruit and nuts.
- Heat your American Dream Peanut butter in a small sauce pan with coconut oil until runny.
- Sprinkle over the yogurt, making sure to get to the edges.
- Drizzle with your heated peanut butter
- Place in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Once frozen, cut into pieces and place them into a ziplock bag.
- Store in the freezer.
This post was sponsored by American Dream Nut Butters. The best nut butters around.